Fiona graduated from Essex University in 1991 with an honours degree in Law (LLB Hons). She trained with a Milton Keynes firm and qualified as a solicitor in 1996. Fiona joined Neves in September 2002 initially working at our Hitchin office in the Residential Property department. She later moved to our Wills, Trusts and Probate department in July 2005 and is now based at our Harpenden office..
Fiona is a member of the Hertfordshire Law Society and its Probate Committee.
Fiona specialises in the following areas of law:
- Comprehensive advice regarding and preparation of wills.
- Lifetime, wills and post-death Inheritance tax planning.
- Powers of attorney including Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Dealing with the Court of Protection.
- The administration of trusts.
- The administration of a deceased person’s estate from start to finish, which is often referred to as ‘Probate’.
Fiona fully appreciates what a stressful time bereavement is. She aims to minimise this stress by ensuring clients understand how the process works from the outset, keeping them informed and being available to take telephone calls whenever possible.
Fiona will also tailor her advice to whatever is required by each client as sometimes clients wish to deal with some of the administration themselves.
Recent Work Includes
- The tax efficient administration of a variety of estates with values ranging between £5,000 and £7,000,000.
- The setting up and running of Inheritance Tax planning will trusts on the death of the first spouse.
- Putting in place a deed of variation after a person has died without making a tax efficient will whereby a potential Inheritance Tax saving of £120,000 is made.
- Dealing with probate applications in offshore territories such as Guernsey and The Isle of Man.
Riding (but is without a horse at the moment which makes it quite difficult!), gardening and supporting Watford FC (still enthusiastic despite last season).
“A very big thank you to you for the friendly, helpful and very professional manner in which you handled our ….We are truly grateful for the care and good guidance you provided to us and knowing we were in a safe pair of hands in a new environment was also a great comfort.”
“We very much appreciated the manner in which our matter was dealt with, efficient and pleasant.”